Love. Joy. Peace. Patience. Kindness. Goodness. Faithfulness. Gentleness. Self-Control: These are all traits we hope to see in our kids, aren’t they? But in a world full of alternative values, it’s no easy task to raise kids with this kind of character!
Thankfully, God gives parents two amazing resources to help us shepherd our kids’ hearts: The Bible and the Holy Spirit. And this Family Bible study brings both these things together! It’s a tool to help keep your family connected—to the Bible, to God’s Spirit, and to each other.
Through this study, you’ll learn the “FRUIT” Bible Study method—a simple way to teach your kids how to dig into God’s Word and apply it to their lives. And you’ll be spurred to discuss God’s Word together—encouraging each other to build the 9 character traits God wants to grow in our lives.
Here’s what’s included:
- my 36-page Growing in Grace with the Fruit of the Spirit: Family Bible Study: Includes an Introduction, ideas for How to Use the Material, and 30 Study Days (Each day includes a Bible reading, discussion questions, and a brief challenge to put God’s truth in action.)
- 54 Colorful Scripture Cards you can use to reinforce the study
- A beautiful8×10 home decor print (two versions)
- A Fruit of the Spirit banneryou can display as a reminder of godly character
- 9 Definition cardsto help you teach what each fruit of the Spirit means
Here are just a few ideas for how you can put this resource to use in your home:
- Use for dinner or bedtime devotions
- Use as a one-on-one studywith older kids, to spark conversations during those “hard-to-connect” years
- Try a weekly family Bible studythat you combine with family updates, prayer requests, and encouragements.
- Use the Scripture cards and/or Definition cards as lunchbox notes. Or hide them around the house as surprise remindersof what you’re learning
- Use the Scripture cards as a discipline tool for poor behavior: Have kids copy Bible verses that correspond to the character trait they were failing to demonstrate when they misbehaved.
Suggested Age Range: 7-14 years old
Please Note : This study is a digital product. (You receive a PDF file to download and print at home or send to your favorite print shop.)
Interested in adding the Fruit of the Spirit Definitions as a beautiful display wall in your home? Check out our Fruit of the Spirit Bundle here! and receive a huge discount on the 8×10 Print set!