I’m excited to introduce a brand new edition of the nature scripture scavenger hunt for you and your family to enjoy together!
Spring’s been acting like a weekend teenager here in Michigan this year: It seems she wants to sleep in a little bit this year! We’ve endured some late-season snow and send unseasonably cool days. Still, the signs of spring are all there–buds on the trees, daffodils pointing cheery smiles as I walk by, grass softening and greening. And I‘m hopeful for many walks and hikes through the outdoors in the months ahead!
With this anticipation in mind, I decided to create a second edition of the Nature Scripture Scavenger Hunt I published on the blog several years ago. It’s been one of my most popular free printable Bible resources over the years, made more so because so many of us spent extra time exploring the great outdoors during the pandemic! It’s been fun hearing the many different ways people have enjoyed the scavenger hunt–from individual families to Sunday school classes and even church staff sharing the idea in daily social media challenges for their congregation.
Now, there’s a whole new set of twelve free printable cards you can use to create a fun adventure that connects enjoying God’s creation with digging into Scripture!
Just hit the blue download button below, print off the cards, and you’ll be all set!
(Downloads are only available to More Like Grace subscribers: By clicking the download button below, you consent to OPT-IN to our email newsletter with monthly encouragement and freebie news. Unsubscribe any time.)
What’s in the Download?
Each card includes the following:
- A short Scripture to read (bring your Bible along with you, or read from an app on your phone)
- A nature experience to enjoy
- A discussion question to get you thinking about the connections between nature and Scripture
- A prayer
As always, I had fun adding fun watercolor images to the cards: I can’t resist cute woodland creatures of pretty flowers and you’ll find a few of each greeting you from card to card.
How Should I Use The Cards?
There’s no “right” way to enjoy your free printable nature scavenger hunt. Here are a few different ideas for how you can use these cards:
- Use them to do a traditional scavenger hunt, where you look for all the items in one longer hike/walk. As you find each item, read the Bible verse, and work through the experience, question, and prayer on the card.
- For younger kids, you might want to divide the cards into two or three shorter “hunts.”
- Put all the cards in a basket, and keep them near your door: Grab one each time you head out on a walk with the family and complete the experiences one at a time throughout several weeks/months.
- Invite some neighborhood kids over for a backyard Bible adventure: Divide into teams and divvy the cards between them: Have each team complete two or three activities on the cards and then meet back up. Have each team share one thing they learned about God or nature through the experience.
- Use for a fun Sunday school activity or bVacation Bible School adventure on a sun-shiney day!
- Use as devotions during a family vacation or camping trip: Just work through one card each morning or evening devotions–a great way to connect your travel adventures with learning about God together as a family.
However you choose to use them, I hope this free printable resource will help you connect with your kids, and with our amazing God as you explore His creation together.