I’ve been in a washi tape mood lately, as evidenced by the Notebook tutorial I posted earlier this month. Ever since I found some cute washi tape at Hobby Lobby awhile back, I’ve been sticking it on nearly everything in sight. My latest project: These cute little DIY notecards.
I used up the last of my thank-you notes not long ago, so with washi tape in one hand, and a few blank notecards in the other, I set to work. Although, really: Can you call sticking tape to paper work?
My original idea was to handwrite little greetings on the cards. I was hoping the charm of the washi tape would somehow seep into my handwriting. I was wrong: My handwriting stinketh.
A few minutes later, I had a sheet printed off with several notecard greetings I put together onscreen. (Photoshop has much prettier handwriting!) It took a few extra minutes to glue them onto black paper and cut them out, but I think the results were worth it! If you’d like to use these labels for your own DIY notecard project, I added the file for you to use!
That’s my story of how these pretty little washi tape cards came to be. Now, it’s your turn to craft. Here are the crafty details! (*Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means at no cost to you, I will earn a small percentage on items you buy through this link. Thanks for your support!)
- blank notecards (I really loved the kraft paper, but white notecards would work great too)
- washi tape
- glue stick
- greeting labels (Download below)
- black cardstock or construction paper (for label backing)
Some Cute Washi Tape Inspiration . . .
How To Make:
(See step-by-step pictures below)
- Gather Supplies
- Stick washi tape to notecards and envelopes in preferred pattern, letting the tape overlap the edges of the card.
- Turn cards/envelopes over and trim excess tape.
- Cut greeting labels around gray line and then glue to black paper.
- Cut labels from black paper, leaving a small black border around the label.
- Glue labels to notecards.
- Sit back and admire your work. Pick one and send to a friend!
With downloading, you’ll be opting in to our once-a-month email newsletter with more encouragement and freebie news. Unsubscribe any time!